The villa is located in Magliaso, in a quit and green residential area, close to the Golf Course. The proximity to highway, airport of Lugano-Agno, train station, the Golf Club of Lugano and a small marina, makes this property ideal both as a location for recreation and as a primary residence.
The property with a surrounded garden of about 2'200 sqm consists of a master villa of 700 sqm and the guest house of about 200 sqm with indoor swimming pool.
The main villa was built in 1977 by a famous Swiss architect Dolf Schnebli (protagonist of the Modern Movement) for Lieutenant Eugenio Wolk, commander of a special unit during the World War II. Wolk wanted his house to be designed like a boat, in the honor of his passion to the water: the long, narrow plant to simulate a boat moored on the banks of the lake, open spaces to simulate the fluidity of the environment and the transparency of light, played between the use of glass blocks and the large glazed walls, precise nautical styles, such as tubes of the staircase railings similar to those of ships and, still, wooden terraces that seem to control bridges.
In 2010 the villa has been completely redesigned with luxury designer finishes, excellent materials and transparent walls that make the bright surroundings and give the space a great continuity to the outside. The wide terrace, enriched by the fireplace with living and dining areas, acts as a buffer between the interior living room and the garden, which is also giving great continuity between inside and outside.
The master villa is on three levels and divided as follows:
- Ground floor: entrance, living room with fireplace overlooking the terrace and the garden, dining area, kitchen, guest toilet, 2 master suites with dedicated bathroom, dressing room, studio, utility room;
- First floor: master suite overlooking the porch, bathroom, dressing room, studio area overlooking the dining and living room, terrace with lake view;
- Basement: wellness-spa area with jacuzzi, turkish bath, sauna, bathroom, service area with laundry, cellar, garage.
The guest house is on three levels and divided as follows:
- Ground floor: living room overlooking the porch and garden, dining room, kitchen, guest toilet, laundry room, pantry, hall, garage;
- First floor: 2 bedrooms, one bedroom / studio and 2 bathrooms;
- Basement: indoor swimming pool, bathroom, pump.
Request: CHF 10'400'000
NOTE: It is possible to buy only a master villa without a guest house. Request: 7'900'000 CHF.
Villa “Schnebli” - Luxury Waterfront Property on Lake Lugano
700 m² Living area 2613 m² Surface of parcel 5Number of bedrooms6Number of bathrooms 70Terrace surface5TotalWEB ID : 6655Reference
View more Hide
Mr. Fabio FERRARI
Mobile +41 78 637 66 15
Information about the transaction
Number of parkings
Information about the property
Number of rooms
Number of bedrooms
Number of bathrooms
Number of toilets
Surface of parcel
Year of construction
Year of restoration